Saturday, February 28, 2009

Last Yarns of February

I finished spinning the lovely birthday gift batts from Sherie. The yarn is 500 yds of 20wpi 2-ply softness - lighter than air and super-soft. I'm going to knit the Twilight Scarf/Stole from 'A Fine Fleece' with it... someday. :)

This is 200 yds of 9 wpi 2-ply bulky yarn I spun from Polwarth dyed by David of Southern Cross Fibre in his Teresa colourway. Very squooshy and soft, and for sale in the Etsy shop.



Currently spinning Amy's Spunky Eclectic Club offering for February: 'New Day', in yellow/orange/red/brown corriedale. Very nice - I'm aiming for a heavy fingering or light sportweight, and a lovely pair of thick socks. :)

2 comments:

  1. They are both great Debbie! Teresa green is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your skeins look lovely!

    That bulky looks like it was a fun spin ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Sharing my fiber craft, my garden, my cats, and life.