Friday, February 5, 2010

Budgie

I spun this yarn last weekend at a Fiber Friend retreat (a small group of guild-friends had a slumber party over the weekend - spinning, knitting, watching weaving dvds) and I absolutely love it. It's soft, it glistens, and the color depth is amazing. The fiber comes from my friend David, the dye artist behind Southern Cross Fibre on Etsy. It's a luscious polwarth/bamboo blend, in his 'Budgie' colorway. I've been wanting this particular fiber for a long time, and was thrilled to nab some in his latest update.


I navajo/chain-plied it to preserve the wonderful color changes. It's 220 yards, 8wpi. I'm thinking of knitting a Lacy Baktus scarf with it. Most of the yarns that I spin end up in my Etsy shop, because the joy was in the spinning for me and I don't desire to knit them. But this one? Mine, all mine! :)

3 comments:

  1. That is beautiful!!! So tempting to try spinning!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfectly spun! Must have good mojo too! Good that you are keeping it! Can't wait to see what it grows up to be ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Sharing my fiber craft, my garden, my cats, and life.