I went for my morning walk today. Wow, it doesn't take much time to go back to square one, does it? But then, square one is a good place to start again.
I saw more signs of spring in the park - some of our swans have cygnets, and the mother hens are bustling around with their chicks, teaching them to scratch for bugs. I took pictures with my cellphone, but Blogger wants to rotate them sideways, and I don't want you to get a crick in your neck, as my grandmere would say, looking at them like that. Anyone know how to make Blogger keep a picture's orientation intact?
I finished some handwoven scarves last week. Want to see?
I wove them all on my Schacht Flip rigid heddle loom. The first 3 are variations on some lovely handpainted yarns from Enchanted Knoll Farm. I'm particularly pleased with the last one, in Mediterranean colors - I handspun the warp yarn on a spindle.
I've spun quite a few skeins of yarn lately - I'll show you those later.
Thursday, March 31, 2011
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Totally stolen from Carole. She won't mind, because she'll be glad to have been the catalyst to get me blogging again.
- Yes, I know it's been more than 2 months, and I had every intention of posting several times a week.
- I have no idea where the time has gone.
- I may be enjoying retirement a wee bit much.
- Since Jan. 18th, when last I posted (ouch) I've spun quite a few skeins of yarn.
- I've also woven some scarves and dishtowels.
- I do have pictures of all of them.
- I'm pretty sure you don't want to sit and wait while all those pictures load in this one post.
- I'll post some over the next few days.
- I pulled out the table loom that I bought 2 years ago and haven't used since. Bad me. It's a great little loom (15" LeClerc Voyageur) and deserves to be in service. Remedied - I've got a lovely color gamp on it now. I'll show you that one today.
- I'm also knitting a pair of socks with worsted weight handspun on size 6 needles. Good grief, they knit up quickly! I see more of these in my future.
- We went to Disneyworld for my 50th birthday in February. What better time to visit the happiest place on earth and act childlike! :-)
- I walked my feet off in Disneyworld.
- I haven't done any walking since then.
- I think I'm illustrating just how easy it is to lose a good habit.
- I'd go right now and get started back walking in the park, but it's raining.
- That sounds like a poor excuse, but there IS thunder and lightning, so I'll call it prudence.
- I promise I'll go tomorrow.
- I'll blog it, too - perhaps that will keep me honest.
- There, that wasn't so hard - hope you didn't mind the random too much.