Wednesday, December 5, 2012

More Scarves - Picture Roundup

As you know, I'm not terribly fond of the photography side of weaving. I could skip it altogether if I didn't want to show them to you and to list them in my shop. Alas, it's a necessary evil. Maybe I could add "joy in photography" to my Christmas list!

Here's the Advancing Twill scarf I wove in an early November workshop. It's two colors of 8/2 bamboo, and I really like the feel/hand of the bamboo fabric. It's silky and soft with great shine, similar to tencel. This one is 64" x 9", with hemstitching and handtwisted 6" fringe on each end.

Next up is a pair of tencel scarves that I wove in October, woven on the same warp - variegated purple/blue/green tencel, with a navy tencel weft for one and a black tencel weft for the other. Both scarves are 64" x 9", with hemstitching and handtwisted 6" fringe on each end.

Black tencel weft


Black tencel weft

Navy tencel weft


Navy tencel weft
And finally, two chenille scarves that I wove for my sister-in-law. I'd hoped to see her at Thanksgiving, but she wasn't able to attend our family feast, so they're being mailed. I wove this in plainweave at 16 epi/ppi, and gave them the "tennis ball treatment" in the dryer after washing. They're buttery kitten soft.




I'm weaving on the rainbow dishtowels today - I've got 4 done (2 pink, 2 teal) and am working on #5. I'm hoping to have them all woven by Friday so I can start the hand-hemming. Fun!

2 comments:

  1. you may want to twizzle hte chenille fringe, otherwise it will fall apart as she wears it and she will be left with string

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your comment - the scarves are "dry clean only", so they won't be harmed by washing, and they'll receive "light wear" since our climate is so warm. I like the look of the "crinkle" fringe without the twisting, and she does too. But thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete

Sharing my fiber craft, my garden, my cats, and life.