Happy New Year! I'm excited for the things this new year will bring - the learning opportunities, the creativity, the possibilities.
How about some Goals?
1. Go for a walk every day and soak up some fresh air and sunshine. I'm registering for the Crescent City Classic 10K (March 30), and I'd like to finish with a spring in my step - daily walking will help.
2. Learn new weave structures, and do some designing.
3. Continue to cultivate a simpler life, by decluttering (PURGE!) and choosing simplicity over complexity.
4. Set up a planning board for upcoming weaving and spinning projects.
5. Incorporate more fresh seasonal foods into our usual grocery fare.
6. Devise and implement a more efficient yarn storage solution in the studio.
7. Find an additional market for my handspun and handwovens - Etsy sales have slowed dramatically.
8. Teach my daughter to weave - she's expressed interest, and I want to encourage it.
9. Read more - I've challenged myself to read one book a week plus 13 (for the year date) for a total of 65 books. See my Goodreads page for my progress - link in the sidebar.
10. Weave some Saori yardage for clothing - I want a few comfortable cotton shirts, a vest or two, and several jumpers - things I can mix/match and wear with jeans.
11. Spend more time with my siblings - the time I've spent with them over the holidays was precious, and I want to make the time for that at least once a month.
12. Manage my music better on my computer and phone. I'd like to organize it into playlists and get rid of stuff I don't ever listen to. Songs that I skip every time you come up in the shuffle, I'm looking at you...
13. Get used to my Mavea water filter pitcher. I dislike our tap water, so I drink bottled water (delivered by 5-gallon bottles). I've bought a water pitcher, but didn't like the water as much. I want to try it again and get used to it - it's cheaper and has less impact on the environment.
There! 13 Goals for 2013. I'll keep them in mind and revisit them as the year progresses - I think pursuing them will bring me great benefits.
I pray that the new year will bring you love and health and joy. Thanks for reading my little musings here - I enjoy sharing what's going on my studio and my heart. Here's to 2013 and its opportunities!!