Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Handwoven Chocolate

OK, so it's not as tasty as REAL chocolate, but these scarves are delicious in their own way, and calorie-free!

I used a favorite handpainted yarn - Fairy Dust yarn from Enchanted Knoll Farm, in the "Tiger Eye" colorway - comprised of superwash wool, nylon, and sparkle. I warped the Saori loom with enough length for two scarves, one shorter, one longer.

I wove the first shorter one with a caramel brown bamboo, hemstitched it and twisted the fringe. It's 5.5" x 45" with 3.5" fringe on each end. I call it "Chocolate Caramel":

The second longer scarf I wove with a spice tencel, hemstitched it and twisted the fringe. It's 5.5 x 72" with 3.5" fringe on each end. I call it "Spicy Chocolate":

I'm really pleased with the look and feel of both scarves. I hope you can see the sparkle - I took a zillion pictures trying to capture it. I'm glad I have more of this lovely yarn in my stash!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing my fiber craft, my garden, my cats, and life.