Friday, January 20, 2012

Handwoven: Emerald Forest

As the holidays approached, I wove several scarves for gifts and several for the Etsy shop so other people could give them as gifts. :) One of them was the Emerald Forest scarf, woven with a combination of merino/silk/alpaca/sparkle yarns. It was quite lovely, and sold in the shop quickly to someone who wanted a gift for her mother.

Fortunately, I had warped the loom for two scarves. :) This one waited patiently until this week, when I had a chance to weave it. I love the undulating color changes of the greens with the hints of brown. I used one of my favorite yarns as the warp - Enchanted Knoll Farm's "Fairy Dust", a lovely merino/nylon yarn with a touch of sparkle for elegance. The weft is an alpaca/silk blend from WEBS.

The finished scarf is 70" long (excluding fringe) and 7" wide. The hand-twisted fringe on both ends is 5" long.

I sold it in my Etsy shop.

I'm always weaving, though - if you want something custom-woven for you, give me a shout and we'll work something out!





1 comment:

Sharing my fiber craft, my garden, my cats, and life.