Monday, July 16, 2012

Rainbow Towel Warp

I wound a new warp for dishtowels today - I wanted color, color, color! This warp used 11 colors of 10/2 mercerized cotton, wound in color sections with lots of random blending. 532 ends plus 2 floating selvages. I'm using a draft from Weaver's Craft magazine, a huck lace. It'll give a lot of texture to go with the color.  The warp is 8.5 yards long, enough for 9 towels. I wound the warp in two bouts - it wouldn't all fit on my warping mill at the same time.


Tomorrow I'll sley the reed and start threading the heddles. I'm eager to get this warp on the loom!

3 comments:

  1. Any chance I could get the pattern or at least which issue of weavers craft? You did a lovely job with the colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Rebecca! The draft is from the June/July 2000 issue of Weaver's Craft, #3. She calls them "Caribbean Towels". I used 10/2 cotton instead of the 5/2 cotton she used. Thank you!

      Delete

Sharing my fiber craft, my garden, my cats, and life.