Friday, August 3, 2012

Handspun Cotton Napkins in Progress

During the Tour de Fleece, I spun 800+ yards of cotton 2-ply on the charkha - SO MUCH FUN! The intention was to spin weft for some handwoven napkins - it was a fun challenge with my friend David of Southern Cross Fibre. He dyed part of the warp (which is a combination of commercial cottolin and cotton) and sent me half of it - we're weaving the same napkins on opposite sides of the world! I started weaving today:

I love the texture of the handspun cotton weft! The fabric reminds me of linen. This is a fun project, and is turning out even better than expected. Just a stepping stone to my dream of spinning the weft AND warp for weaving my own curtains. :)

2 comments:

  1. If you keep going at this rate, you'll have your curtains within the year!
    I'm in awe....

    ReplyDelete

Sharing my fiber craft, my garden, my cats, and life.