Saturday, October 26, 2013

Ocean Towels Are Done!

I finished weaving the Ocean Towels today. They've been washed and dried, now the hand-hemming process starts. I'm super-pleased with these towels - they're really soft and thirsty. The pattern is a linked birdseye, and I used 6/2 unmercerized cotton sett at 16 ends per inch. I have 10 towels - 1 to keep, 1 for my swap partner, and 2 for gifts. That leaves 6 for the shop.

I'll take more pictures when they're hemmed and pressed, but I couldn't resist showing them off now!

This is fresh off the loom, before washing

After a trip through the washer and dryer - ready to hem!

3 comments:

  1. They are lovely.......the colors are perfect. I love woven towels after their first wash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors too. So spring like!

    ReplyDelete

Sharing my fiber craft, my garden, my cats, and life.