Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Her Feet Are Cold - Sock Emergency

My daughter came in Monday night, sat down, and gave me the pouty face. Complete with pouty lip. She has only 2 pair of handknit socks to wear - neither pair was clean. And her feet were cold. What's a mother to do? (Never mind that said daughter is 29 years old, and should have learned by now to knit her own socks...)


Opal Magic, in shades of blue and white. Toe-up, magic loop, 2.75mm needles, on 72 stitches. I'll throw in a 3/1 rib, nothing fancy. Second sock knitted first, to avoid SSS. ;-)

Must knit quickly! After all, it'll be in the upper 70's later in the week, and her feet won't need them. Until the weather changes again, probably next week, and it's freezing once more. Silly weather.

2 comments:

  1. Please add me to your Etsy shop so that I can see your yarns.
    Suzanne
    lickstone@gmail.com
    http://www.goldenyearsgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh...my feet are soooo cold...

    ahem, hint hint....heh heh!

    really...when they ask, what else can you do?

    ReplyDelete

Sharing my fiber craft, my garden, my cats, and life.