Sunday, January 20, 2013

Handwoven Handspun Silk Amethyst Scarf

I spun this purple silk yarn last year, and it's been marinating in my stash waiting for its moment.

This week, I warped it on my Saori loom. I wove it with a tencel yarn in 'eggplant'.


I am so pleased with the way it turned out!

Handwoven Handspun Amethyst Silk Scarf

Handwoven Handspun Amethyst Silk Scarf

Handwoven Handspun Amethyst Silk Scarf

I'm pulling out my stash of silk fiber this afternoon - I see a lot more handspun silk scarves in my future!

2 comments:

  1. Your scarf is beautiful, and the photo of your handspun silk is definitely drool-worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have every right to be pleased, it's lovely! I really like purple and silk, so it's a winning combination in my book. :)

    ReplyDelete

Sharing my fiber craft, my garden, my cats, and life.