Friday, February 13, 2009

48 And Counting

Another year - and grateful for every one. :)

The husband gave me roses this morning, and daughter #1 gave me a beautiful addition to them:


It's a Forrester Dervish, 1.6 oz. Spins great - I'm looking forward to using it for fingering weight singles.

I finished up a skein of yarn last night - I spun alpaca and bamboo and plied them together into 550 yards of 2-ply 18wpi laceweight. It's soft and shiny and drapes very nicely.


Now we're off to dinner - Mexican food. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations and beautiful yarn! It looks like a springtime rainbow.

    The guild meeting sounds like the Spinning Friday I have at my house every month...except that I never manage to actually SPIN for more than 2 minutes (literally), because of children, and the fact that I'm hosting it -- oh, and did I mention children? :)

    ReplyDelete

Sharing my fiber craft, my garden, my cats, and life.