Monday, February 23, 2009

Mail From Oz

I got off early today - it's Lundi Gras, and many of our parents were off work today, so they kept home their children. (I am the lead teacher in the youngest infant class in a local daycare.) We only needed one teacher in my class - my assistant drew the short straw.

The mailman arrived right after I got home, and brought a package from Oz - the first monthly installment of the Southern Cross Fibre Club. It's gorgeous and soft - 115g New Zealand Polwarth, colourway "Love Over Gold". David also included a lovely silk bag dyed in the same colours. It will be a nice spindle bag.



Tomorrow is Mardi Gras, and I have the whole day off. We don't celebrate or go to parades anymore, not since the children were younger, but we do enjoy a nice quiet day at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing my fiber craft, my garden, my cats, and life.