Sunday, February 22, 2009

This and That, Weekend Edition

Finished twisting all the fringe on the Sister Blanket, and am working on the crocheted edging. I plan to do some sampling in double-weave for next time - I really don't want to seam panels together to get a wider blanket in the future, and there is no room in my budget (and home space) for a wider loom (yet!)

Today I'm warping for a pair of kitchen towels in "monk's belt". It's a pattern from Handwoven's 'Design Collection 18 - A Treasury of Towels'. It calls for cottolin, but I'm using cotton. The warp is 10/2, the weft is 20/2. Using a 12 dent reed, 24 epi, with 24 ppi in plain weave areas and 48 ppi in pattern areas. I can't wait to see how this turns out - if it's really nice, I plan to weave more for gifts.

Spun up another skein of handspun for the Etsy shop - 'Grape Juice', superwash merino, 160 yds, 10wpi. My camera has a hard time with purple for some reason - I'll post a picture when I have some better light.

I'm halfway through the lovely orange polwarth/camel/silk batts that Sherie carded for me. I call them "Pumpkin Spice" and I'm hoping for enough 2-ply yardage for a lovely shawl. Spinning the singles at 30 wpi, looking for a 20-ish wpi.

Lastly, I scored some gorgeous fibre in David's 'Southern Cross Fibre' update - woot! Polwarth and Shetland - yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing my fiber craft, my garden, my cats, and life.